For COVID-19 updates, visit official government website www.sacoronavirus.co.za
It is that time of the year again, for the renewal of your ABP membership for 2020. Unlike the increase in petrol and electricity prices, our fees remain unchanged. We look forward to the renewal of your membership. For further information, please contact the ABP office.
Thank You to all our Participants that tuned into Webinars.
We are elated to hear such good positive feedback, makes all the work and effort we put in, all worthwhile. We hope you will continue participating in upcoming CPD Webinars 😊.
ABP had a brilliant collaboration with Empower Capital on our 04th Webinar, Ownership II (Intermediary) held Thursday, 26 March 2020, 11h30 – 13h30
The Association of B-BBEE Professionals (ABP) is established to lead the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Verification and BEE Consultancy industry as it takes up a vital role in the transformation of the South African economy.
The first and only industry Professional Body of its kind, the ABP aims to facilitate the accreditation of qualifying BEE Verification Agencies as set out in the Codes of Good Practice.
ABP guides the development of the industry by standardizing the ratings methodology, setting the standards for ethical behaviour, professional development and the achievement of excellence in the profession.
For 15 years, ABP has been a pioneer in the South African BEE landscape, contribution to the advancement of the BEE profession, influencing legislation and constantly transforming to keep abreast of business, financial and social developments in the country.
SAQA-approved Professional Body ID number 1002
Objectives: ABP’s main objectives are to
- Promote the objectives of the Act and the Codes;
- To promote high levels of professionalism and competence;
- To regulate the proper conduct and practice of Members;
- To represent the BEE verification sector in its dealings with the dti, SANAS, the public and
- Other relevant stakeholders
Four of the many benefits you can enjoy by joining a Professional Body.
- Recognition: When you become a Member of your Professional Body, you become truly recognised as a qualified Professional in your field.
- Continuous Professional Development: Most Professional Bodies conduct training sessions from time to time and they offer discounted fees to their Members. By joining our Professional Body, you will directly enjoy this benefit. This will greatly enrich your CV, make you current and relevant in competences and skills.
- Leadership development: When you become a Member of your Professional Body, you have the opportunity to volunteer towards helping organise their events and conferences, towards membership development and so on.
- Networking: Being a Member of your Professional Body gives you a great opportunity to network with numerous people in your profession. This is one of the easiest ways to quickly and greatly expand the reach of your networking.
The many other benefits of membership
- Receive EAP targets and Industry Norms;
- Kept up to date with pertinent information;
- Attendance at training workshops, seminars and Annual General Meeting (AGM);
- You may stand for election and be voted to become part of the ABP Board at ABP’s elective AGM every two years;
- Listing on the ABP website in the appropriate category;
- Access to the ABP Members only certificate database (once a Member, you will receive a username and password that allows you to upload your own client’s BEE certificate onto our certificate database);
- In addition, queries that are technical or interpretive in nature, can be submitted to the ABP who will raise these, in the approved format with the dti and SANAS to provide support in respect of requests for clarification and the management of these with the dti;
- The ABP will co-ordinate Members’ interests to better serve the interests of transformation by formally requesting clarity, consultation or participation in key strategic events, policies or pronouncements relating to transformation;
- Greater emphasis on access to information, centralised databases and shared data will support our Members;
- Stronger lobbying on issues that create uncertainty and legal conflict;
- Ethics and disciplinary committee to address professionalism and governance ;
- Regular events, training and information sharing; and
- Co-ordinated emphasis on Professionalisation as a means to reduce confusion within the industry, conflict amongst the Member groups and most importantly to root out bad business practice.
ABP – professionalizing the industry – raising the bar
- Advocate for formal engagement with the dti
- As a Professional Body, we represent our Members on formal structures.
- Answered a call by the dti for a single or consolidated professional Industry Body
- Working on professionalizing the industry
Contact Person: Maresce de Saldanha
E-mail Address: email@example.com