ABP Skills Development Webinar
Thursday, 18 July 2019
11h00 – 13h00
ABP Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD) with Socio-Economic Development (SED) Webinar
Thursday, 15 August 2019
11h00 – 13h00
Contact email@example.com for details
The Association of B-BBEE Professionals (“the ABP”) has noted that Empowerdex which is one of its Members has been implicated by Mr. Angelo Agrizzi in the Judicial Commission of Inquiry into allegations of the State Capture, (“the Zondo Commission”) and we note the developments with concern.
While the ABP takes full cognisance of the fact that Mr. Angelo Agrizzi has not been cross examined in the aforementioned Commission, and further notes the statement issued by Empowerdex in their website wherein Empowerdex denied knowledge of the aforesaid allegations as contained in Mr Agizzi’s testimony, the ABP takes these allegations very seriously.
As this matter is still being heard in the Zondo Commission and with the intention of not interrupting the possible witnesses in the Zondo Commission, the ABP will in due course engage Empowerdex in terms of its disciplinary processes.
It is one of the ABP’s main priorities to ensure that its members uphold ethical values as contained in the ABP’s Code of Conduct.
The Association of B-BBEE Professionals (ABP) is established to lead the Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) verification industry as it takes up a vital role in the transformation of the South African economy.
The first industry Professional Body of its kind, the ABP aims to facilitate the accreditation of qualifying BEE Verification Agencies as set out in the Codes of Good Practice.
ABP guides the development of the industry by standardizing the ratings methodology, setting the standards for ethical behaviour, professional development and the achievement of excellence in the profession.
SAQA-approved Professional Body ID number 1002
Objectives: ABP’s main objectives are to
- Promote the objectives of the Act and the Codes;
- To promote high levels of professionalism and competence;
- To regulate the proper conduct and practice of Members;
- To represent the BEE verification sector in its dealings with the dti, SANAS, the public and
- Other relevant stakeholders
- Stabilized market conditions
- Reputable Professional Body and Members
- Improved standards of BEE Professionals
- Certainty of verification outcomes
- Less points-shopping due to single interpretation
- Levelled playing field
- Consistent transformation outcomes
- Measurable BEE and transformation targets
ABP – professionalizing the industry – raising the bar
- Advocate for formal engagement with the dti
- As a Professional Body, we represent our Members on formal structures.
- Answered a call by the dti for a single or consolidated professional Industry Body
- Working on professionalizing the industry
Contact Person: Maresce de Saldanha
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org