The Association of B-BBEE Professionals (ABP) is established to lead the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Verification and BEE Consultancy industry as it takes up a vital role in the transformation of the South African economy.
The first and only industry Professional Body of its kind, the ABP aims to facilitate the accreditation of qualifying BEE Verification Agencies as set out in the Codes of Good Practice.
ABP guides the development of the industry by standardizing the ratings methodology, setting the standards for ethical behaviour, professional development and the achievement of excellence in the profession.
For 15 years, ABP has been a pioneer in the South African BEE landscape, contribution to the advancement of the BEE profession, influencing legislation and constantly transforming to keep abreast of business, financial and social developments in the country.
SAQA-approved Professional Body ID number 1002
Objectives: ABP’s main objectives are to
- Promote the objectives of the Act and the Codes;
- To promote high levels of professionalism and competence;
- To regulate the proper conduct and practice of Members;
- To represent the BEE verification sector in its dealings with the dti, SANAS, the public and
- Other relevant stakeholders
- Stabilized market conditions
- Reputable Professional Body and Members
- Improved standards of BEE Professionals
- Certainty of verification outcomes
- Less points-shopping due to single interpretation
- Levelled playing field
- Consistent transformation outcomes
- Measurable BEE and transformation targets
ABP – professionalizing the industry – raising the bar
- Advocate for formal engagement with the dti
- As a Professional Body, we represent our Members on formal structures.
- Answered a call by the dti for a single or consolidated professional Industry Body
- Working on professionalizing the industry
Contact Person: Maresce de Saldanha
E-mail Address: email@example.com